TARGAZH SYSTEMS optical thickness sensor, created by Le Verre Fluoré thickness sensor experts
Learn more about the thickness sensor developed according to industrial requirements: the TARGAZH SYSTEMS optical thickness sensor.
- Customer: Arcelor
- Technology: absorption spectroscopy with a 100% optical solution
- System aims:
- Reducing paint consumption by 5% to 10%
- Quality control
- Method: online wet paint measurement before oven introduction
- Performance/results: paint thickness measurement with ±0,3µm high accuracy
An infrared signal is transmitted to the painted surface, and then the light scattered back is analyzed and processed. This enables the thickness of the dry paint coating to be determined. Thickness measurement depends only on pigments, as solvent does not influence the result.
- Fiber-target distance: from 10 cm to 25 cm
- Field of measure: 6-10 cm diameter circle
- Thickness measurement depends only on pigments, as solvent does not influence the result.
- Measurement wavelength: 3.8 µm
- Sampling frequency: 100 Hz
- Insensitivity to tilt and vibrations
- Ability to measure thicknesses of several paint layers
- Compatible with explosive atmosphere (ATEX 2 norm)